Basic Welding Inspection
1. This course combines Modules 11, 15 and 16 and provides a general overview of weld inspection techniques. It covers visual inspection, radiography, magnetic particle (MPI), ultrasonic (UT), liquid penetrant (LPI) and acoustic emission. You will be able to understand the basics of inspection methods and interpret the information provided by an inspector on a weld inspection report.
2. The functions and responsibilities of an Inspector can be wide ranging. The Inspector can be employed on a full time basis or as a third party role. This course defines the roles of an Inspector and reviews the key responsibilities such as verifying operations, checking qualifications of individuals and the use of approved procedures..
3. This course will provide a road map of the basic inspection. There are a wide range of techniques in inspecting welds and welded products traditionally used for “visual” inspection. You will be introduced to the equipment used, sources of measurement errors, control and verification, distortion, weld dimension verification and recognition of weld faults such as undercut, cracks and their acceptance criteria.
4. Learning material recommended:
5. The following material is not included in the course fee: Module 11, 15 and 16
7. There are no prerequisites for this course.
8. Upon successful completion of the course the participant will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
If you purchase Module 11, 15 and 16 you will be eligible to challenge the CWB exam. Please contact us (1.800.844.6790) to book your Module Exams.
CWB Online courses do not contain Module Exams. These exams must be taken at one of our locations or through our examination network